We are aware that some people are feeling worried about contacting their GP Surgery for advice and care, or contacting them much later than they would normally if they are unwell.
We want to assure you that your GP Surgery still expects and wants to hear from you if you need them- not just for Coronavirus related symptoms.
If you have any concerns please don’t hesitate to telephone your surgery. You will be offered a telephone or video call with the relevant Health Professional and if they feel it is necessary, you will be invited in for further assessment.
If you have symptoms of Coronavirus and need to be seen, this will be in a designated area.
You are still able to book appointments in advance, the only difference is that these will be by telephone in the first instance.
How do I make an appointment to see a GP?
- You can telephone us between the hours of 8am and 6.30pm on 01495 301210
- You can book online using My Health On Line (this requires prior registration) - See Further information to the right of this screen
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (non-urgent appointment requests only(please ensure you read the automatic reply if using this method of contact)
What types of GP appointments are available?
- We offer on the day appointments for problems that can't wait for a routine appointment
- We offer routine appointments
- We offer appointments up to 28 days in advance.
All these appointments are available as:
- TELEPHONE CONSULTATION IN THE FIRST INSTANCE.
How far in advance can I make an appointment to see a GP?
We offer GP appointments up to 28 working days in advance. If you are suffering with symptoms or a condition that can't wait for our next available appointment, please inform the receptionist so that she can assist you.
Important information when making an appointment with a GP
All patients are asked why they require an appointment to see a GP. This is to ensure all patients receive
- The most appropriate medical care
- From the most appropriate medical professional
- At the most appropriate time
We will continue to provide the same level of service to our patients if they would prefer not to give the reason.