PLEASE SEE COVID TAB REGARDING APPOINTMENT BOOKINGS CURRENTLY
How do I make an appointment to see a GP?
- You can telephone us between the hours of 8am and 6.30pm on 01495 301210
- You can attend the Practice between the hours of 8am and 6.30pm
- You can book online using My Health On Line (this requires prior registration) - See Further information to the right of this screen
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (non-urgent appointment requests only(please ensure you read the automatic reply if using this method of contact)
What types of GP appointments are available?
- We offer on the day appointments for problems that can't wait for a routine appointment
- We offer routine appointments
- We offer appointments up to 28 days in advance.
All these appointments are available as either:
- A FACE TO FACE CONSULTATION or a
- TELEPHONE CONSULTATION
How far in advance can I make an appointment to see a GP?
We offer GP appointments up to 28 working days in advance. If you are suffering with symptoms or a condition that can't wait for our next available appointment, please inform the receptionist so that she can assist you.
Important information when making an appointment with a GP
All patients are asked why they require an appointment to see a GP. This is to ensure all patients receive
- The most appropriate medical care
- From the most appropriate medical professional
- At the most appropriate time
We will continue to provide the same level of service to our patients if they would prefer not to give the reason.
We would like all our patients to know that our reception team, have been trained in care navigation, alongside other reception teams within Blaenau Gwent. Care navigation is the offering of alternative services in the local area that may be more suited to your need. In offering this service, we do not discriminate against any of our patients decisions to accept the offer or not. You may be offered services such as :-
- The local pharmacy - common ailment scheme
- minor injuries department at YAB
- Direct Access physiotherapy at YAB
- A local optician
- A dentist
***please see usual working days for GP's to view when your usual GP may be available****
Our health centre has suitable access for disabled patients.
Medical students and Nursing students attend the practice from time to time. We hope that you will co-operate with us and help the students to learn about general practice. However, you will be informed of their presence in advance, and if you do not want them to be present at a consultation, your wishes will be respected. This will not affect your treatment in any way.